Monday 24 October 2011

And then it was 6 months

Everyone says that time flies when you're having fun and I completely agree. The last 6 months have absolutely flown by but at the same time I feel like we have been together for a lifetime.

I don't say much about this subject but this is kind of a tribute I guess to my farmer.

Easter Saturday was the day that we met. It was the Tomingley Picnic races (Tomingley is about a 30min drive from Narromine) and I was taking social pics for one of the local papers. I had never used a DSLR camera before so I had no idea what I was doing, let's just say the paper didn't choose me due to my photo taking ability. I had just moved in with my housemate who I had befriended 5 months earlier and together we headed to the races. My farmer was her friend. One of her ex's best friends to be exact so after a bit of an awkward moment I was introduced to Golly. Apparently out here Golly means a spit as in hocking up a Golly but I had no idea and just thought it was an awfully strange nickname. Anyways, hi Golly. Hi I'm Andrew was his repsonse. So I took a photo of him and his friend Kristy and they realised I had no idea what I was doing. Nothing but professional I was asking, Do you know how to zoom this? Oh well I'll just take it portrait.
Later on I bumped into Golly again and we just hit it off straight away. It's funny how these things happen, I was single for 2.5 years before this moment and this moment just changed everything. Speaking to one of Gol's mates girlfriends later and she had no idea we had just met. She thought we had known each other for a while so I guess that's just an insight into our crazy connection.
What were my first thoughts?
I was completely drawn to him. I guess I don't really have a 'type' physically but he was tall and I like tall. He was wearing a shirt and pants that were about 4 sizes too big for him so I had no idea what he actually looked like under those clothes. Was he skinny? Was he musclely? Was he chubby? Absolutely no idea.
The day continued and more drinks were consumed, as I said the picture of professionalism I was. Can you please hold my vodka while I take a picture? By the way the pictures turned out beautifully if I don't say so myself.
After the races everyone headed to the Tomingley pub where we had dinner and guess who I found seated next to me? We chatted away just the two of us then hit the dancefloor. The rest as they say is history.

The night we met. Taken with his phone.

It has been 6 months now, we have no idea where this might lead but for now I have a good feeling.

6 months later.

Love Kel.

No comments:

Post a Comment