Friday 4 November 2011

My Country Cottage

I grew up a complete and utter city girl, with a beach twist. Modern was best. White and clinical was perfect. I wanted to renovate my house so it was all these things, out with the old and in with the new. I hated old houses and particularly being from Perth were nearly all houses are eventually teared down and rebuilt or renovated, old houses were so uncommon, new is in.

Then I moved to the country...

I fell head over heels in love with old houses. A big porch (to be honest I always wanted one of these), big yards, big drives, high ceilings, mantelpieces, I just love them. When my housie and I were picking a place to rent we had a choice between a new house and an old one. Guess which one we chose? I love it.

I like to think of our house as a farm house that's in town. With a huge yard and rooms we don't know what to do with it really feels like it. Well, when compared to the city.

Here are some pics for your enjoyment.

Behind the hedge, here we are.


The walk to my front door and bedroom.


The front porch again.

And the pooch, hello Bella.

So this is where I live, my little country cottage. I love it, hope you do too.

Love Kel.

No comments:

Post a Comment