Wednesday 7 December 2011

Millthorpe Markets Weekend

Millthorpe is a beautiful little town just out of Orange in NSW.

The weekend just past the local school held a market a big market. People travelled to get there and see what was going on. Farmer's parents make beautiful liqueur and fruit cakes. They held a stall to sell their Christmas cakes right before Christmas and almost sold out. I headed along as 'construction crew,' they hire me for my muscle hehe. Farmer was harvesting so it was just his parents and me. They are a great couple and so easy to talk to, I had a great weekend with them. I totally forget that they are his parents and not just my friends so I chatter on non stop with them (I can tell you are surprised here). I took a lot of pics because I'm always experimenting and getting to know how to take pictures so it was a little photo shoot and some pics for Farmer's sister.

Up at dawn to get to the market to set up. A quick dawn photo shoot was in order. 

Roses have been my theme in my Shoot by Design course. 







Off to market. I love a spot of bunting. 





Rich fruit cake, ready to sell. 

A gentle hand to beautifully decorate these cakes. 

More bunting. 

By the end of the day the stall saw a few more empty spaces. 

One of my favourites. 

Available in a range of sizes.

While they were busy selling away I was busy shopping away with some great bargains. A couple of friends travelled from our town to have a look so I got to shop away with them and even have a peruse down at the town.

It is funny because I'm a trainer by trade people think of it as a conflict of interest helping out with the cake stall but I just say portion control (I might have to work on that one), plenty of exercise and enjoy the cake.

Enjoy your Christmas cake but I highly recommend you have one of these ones.

Kel.

No comments:

Post a Comment